David Trubridge | Sola
Sola emerged from the ‘Icarus’ installation shown in Milan in 2010. It was based on the Greek myth about the boy who flew too close to the Sun. The full installation (including Wing lights) was later purchased by the Pompidou Centre in Paris for its permanent collection. Sola is a complex design in appearance but is based on the same simple geometry of Coral and Floral. Sola makes a strong statement with its highly decorative skin of frond-like fingers which can imitate sun flares, especially when an orange finish is chosen for the inside.
- Shipped in environmentally friendly packaging.
- Easy assembly at home via PDF or online video.
- Three sizes.
- 12 Standard colour options (custom colours on request).
- Comes with suspension wire (if size is applicable), cord and bulb holder (and ceiling canopy for North American orders).
- E26/E27 lamp/bulb required.
- Intended for dry interior spaces.